Team Member Expectations
St. Elizabeth Physicians’ Mission, Core Values, Service Standards, and dedication to diversity help team members focus on the important aspects of delivering quality service. Our success as an organization relies on our dedication to these standards. Team members are STEP ambassadors who are always in the spotlight and must always act with the customer's interest in mind.
Our organizational ethic, molded and shaped by the examples of Jesus, St. Francis of Assisi, our Franciscan Sisters and the Roman Catholic Church set forth expectations that we strive to achieve in our healing encounters, our business transactions and as good corporate citizens. STEP is a faith-based, mission-driven organization, serving to follow the examples of those who have gone before us.
Inspired by the vision of St. Francis of Assisi and in the tradition of the Roman Catholic Church, we extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to God's people, especially those most in need.
We call forth all who serve in this healthcare ministry, to share their gifts and talents to create a spirit of healing-with reverence and love for all of life, with joyfulness of spirit and with humility and justice for all those entrusted to our care.
We are, with God's help, a healing and spiritual presence for each other and for the communities we are privileged to serve.
Our Core Values
• Service - The privilege of reaching out to meet the needs of others
• Reverence and Love for All of Life - Acknowledging that all of life is a gift from God
• Joyfulness of Spirit - An awareness of being blessed by God in all things
• Humility - Being authentic in serving as an instrument of God
• Justice - Striving for equity and fairness in all relationships with special concern for those most in need
Our Service Standards
1. I support the mission and core values each and every day.
2. I attentively listen to others.
3. I protect the safety of patients, their families, guests and co-workers and report any danger.
4. Every job is important. I will always do my best, no matter what.
5. I respect and protect the privacy of patients, their families, guests and co-workers.
6. I wear my name badge at all times.
7. I am neat, clean and appropriately dressed for my job.
8. I keep my workplace neat and clean.
9. I never complain in the presence of patients, their families, guests or co-workers.
10. I make eye contact, smile, introduce myself to others and use customer names when known.
11. I am sensitive to the comfort of patients, their families and guests and respond to their needs.
12. I will never say, "It's not my job."
In an effort to serve God's people through the realization of its Mission and Core Values, St. Elizabeth Physicians embraces and promotes diversity and inclusion. We want to be a welcoming organization, celebrating every person's unique gifts and talents to create a Spirit of Healing. We seek out diversity across our organization to reflect our broader community in order to enrich the quality of life, the experiences and the health of those we serve.
Diversity and inclusion help define Our Lady of the Lake. It makes our organization stronger as different viewpoints and talents are brought together to deliver high-quality, compassionate care.
As our community continues to grow and support a more diverse population, we learn about and respect cultural differences in order to serve these needs. Our team members, especially those who directly serve our patients, are provided materials and educate themselves on the differences in cultures and religions of people across the globe. Expanding our ability to assist a wider range of people helps us to continually fulfill our mission.